NATIONAL MUSIC STANDARDS
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.
TECHNOLOGY STANDARDS FOR STUDENTS
1. Students will be proficient in the use of technology and demonstrate a sound understanding of the nature and operation of technology systems.
2. Students will demonstrate an understanding of concepts underlying hardware, software, & connectivity, and of practical applications to learning and problem solving.
3. Students will exercise social responsibility and ethical behavior in their use of technology.
4. Students will be proficient in the use of keyboards.
5. Students will use technology to conduct research and locate information from a variety of resources.
6. Students will use searching strategies to collect information from a variety of resources.
7. Students will use technology to organize and evaluate information from a variety of resources.
8. Students will utilize spreadsheets to interpret, input, manipulate and communicate data.
9. Students will use and create databases to analyze, organize, communicate information, and conduct research.
10. Students will use software to enhance learning, increase productivity and promote creativity across the curriculum.
11. Students will create developmentally appropriate multimedia projects using available technology resources for problem solving, illustration of thoughts, ideas, and stories to communicate effectively to targeted audiences.